Suspicious activity detected while sending email
In order to protect all users, we temporarily block sending on accounts that are flagged with spam-like or suspicious sending habits. If you're seeing "suspicious activity detected" or "account temporarily blocked from sending messages", you'll still have access to your mail and receive messages while you wait for the hold to expire.
- Sending a lot of emails in a short time.
- Sending duplicate info in your email repeatedly.
- Sending 1 or more emails to a large number of recipients.
- Having a message stuck in the Outbox of the Yahoo Mail app.
- Your account might have been compromised by a hacker adding a suspicious or invalid sending name.
Doesn't sound like your sending habits? Someone else may be sending email from your account. Find out how to secure a hacked account.
- Try sending your email as plain text if it contains hyperlinks.
- Don't send a large number of emails over a short period of time.
- Try using Yahoo Groups if you regularly send an email to a large number of recipients.
- Remove and re-add the account from any non-Yahoo Mail app that may be accessing it.