Products that are prohibited for sale
Tip: For a full list of unacceptable products, please visit PriceGrabber and the Yahoo Guidelines.
Conditions where PriceGrabber may reject your feed
- Categorization field is too general, missing, or incorrect. The products categorization should be mapped according to our site's taxonomy.
- Incorrect Manufacturer Part Numbers. Double check to make sure they are correct and not missing any digits or characters.
- Duplicate titles or products with different sizes. Your product titles should all be unique. This especially applies to Clothing (different colors should be listed separately, but sizes should be listed together).
- Use of explicit images. Includes pictures displaying nudity or otherwise offensive images.
- Missing or broken links to images or products.
- Incorrect designation as 'Used' or 'Refurbished'. Condition should be noted in the Product Condition column, not in the Product Title column.
Items that are Prohibited by Yahoo
It is the responsibility of the Merchant to ensure that the items listed for sale on their Yahoo Store are appropriate for sale under all applicable laws and regulations. In addition, every item listed for sale on a Yahoo Store must be consistent with Yahoo's policies, as determined in Yahoo's sole discretion. Yahoo, expressly reserves the right to, but has no duty to, reject or remove any item or listing in Yahoo's sole discretion.
You may not sell the following items under any circumstances
- Any item that is harmful to minors, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- Illegal or restricted weapons and related accessories, including the following:
- Firearms and firearm accessories, including ammunition, scopes, and silencers (Note: Yahoo allows the posting of antique firearms made before 1898 and replicas of antique firearms that have matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap or similar ignition systems, subject to removal in Yahoo's sole discretion. All other firearms are prohibited.)
- Switchblade knives.
- Any concealed weapon.
- Any explosive device.
- Martial arts weapons.
- Cigarettes, illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia (including items to grow, manufacture, or distribute the same), prescription drugs, and medical devices, including any medical device that requires fitting by a certified practitioner or licensed seller.
- Any item that violates any U.S. export law or regulation, including any items subject to the terms of the U.S. embargoes against Afghanistan, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, and Sudan.
- Any item that infringes the rights of a third party, including items that violate copyrights, trademarks, publicity, or privacy rights of third parties. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Unauthorized copies of software, music, video games, movies, photos, or other media.
- Bootleg recordings of concerts, movies, or other performances.
- Sale of back-up copies of software.
- Any item that is counterfeit or stolen, including items that are:
- "Replicas," "knock-offs," in the same "style" as, or "fake" versions of a name brand product.
- Counterfeit, or for the purpose of producing counterfeit, currency, stamps, government identification.
- Inauthentic sports collectibles, celebrity autographs, or otherwise inauthentic versions of memorabilia or other items with inauthentic signatures.
- Any item for gaining unauthorized entry to a place or vehicle including lock-picking devices, vehicle master keys, and other devices.
- Any item that promotes, glorifies, or is directly associated with groups or individuals known principally for hateful or violent positions or acts, such as Nazis or the Ku Klux Klan. Official government-issue stamps and coins are not prohibited under this policy. Expressive media, such as books and films, may be subject to more permissive standards as determined by Yahoo in its sole discretion.
- Any animal items that are subject to regulations or laws for the protection of live animals, including endangered species and domesticated animals, as well as any products made from or including any parts of an animal protected by law or regulation. (Please note: Pets may only be offered for sale on Yahoo Classifieds).
- Any item that has been the subject of a product recall by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, other government agency, or product manufacturer.
- Any item used for hacking, intercepting, jamming, descrambling, or otherwise obtaining unauthorized access to wire, electronic, or other types of communications.
- Bodies, body parts, bodily fluids. For example: cadavers, organs, "clean" urine for drug tests, sperm, eggs, blood, breast milk.
- Fireworks, explosives, or any hazardous material or restricted chemical.
- Government-issued identification documents, whether authentic or counterfeit (e.g., fake IDs for age verification, fake government credentials, passports, green cards, birth certificates), police badges or insignia, and any other law enforcement items (e.g., FBI identification cards, badges, uniforms, flashing lights/sirens, etc.) generally restricted for sale under federal and state law.
- Stocks and securities.
- Gambling items (lottery tickets, sweepstakes, pyramid schemes, grab bags, raffles, slot machines, etc.).
- Individual contracts, services, and any item that is non-transferable.
- Event Tickets may only be sold in accordance with applicable state and local law. All Event Ticket descriptions must contain the location of the event (venue, city and state), date of the event, and face value of the ticket(s). Yahoo may restrict the sale to the face value of the ticket(s) and require that merchants enter the face value of the ticket(s) as the "Price" for the item. Please read more about our Event Ticket Policy.
- Non-packaged food items and other food or beverage items sold in a manner inconsistent with federal, state, or legal regulations.
- Any used goods not appropriate for resale for safety, health, or other reasons, including any clothing items that have not been appropriately cleaned (e.g., used underwear).
- Any other item that violates any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation or which Yahoo determines, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate for sale through the services provided by Yahoo.