Overview of Basic Mail
Basic Mail lets you use a simple version of Yahoo Mail when you can’t use or don’t want the full-featured experience. You may be automatically switched based on your system preferences or you can choose to switch on your own.
Basic Mail is a simplified version of Yahoo Mail and won't include any newly released features. It also won't include the following standard features:
- Formatting toolbar
- Photo Slideshow
- Yahoo Messenger
Your computer or browser settings could make it difficult to use Full-featured Yahoo Mail. If your system doesn't meet these requirements, you'll be automatically switched to Basic Mail for better performance.
- Using an unsupported browser - Yahoo works best with updated and secure browsers.
- Screen resolution - Yahoo is optimized for 1024X786 resolution.
- User's age - Users under 13 can't view Full-featured Mail.
- Bandwidth - Using dial-up or a slow internet connection may cause errors loading the page.
Switch to Basic Yahoo Mail:
- Mouse over the Settings menu icon | select Settings
- Click Viewing email.
- By "Mail version" select Basic.
- Click Save.
Switch to Full-featured Yahoo Mail
- Click Switch to the newest Yahoo Mail in the upper-right corner.
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Restart the browser and return to Yahoo Mail.