Emails are not received in Yahoo Mail
Not getting the emails you expect is frustrating, especially when you are waiting for an important email. Use the steps below to quickly identify the reason behind this and if there's an issue with your account or the sender's account that's preventing the messages from arriving.
Check your account settings
These settings can prevent email from getting to your Inbox:
- Reply-to address - Make sure your reply-to address is blank.
- Blocked address - Check if the sender was blocked by mistake.
- Blocked domains - Check if the domain was blocked by mistake.
- Spam folder - Check your spam folder to see if the email was incorrectly marked.
- Email filters - Check your filters to see if the email could've arrived in another folder.
Check if your account has any errors
Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account on a computer and send yourself an email.
- If you don't get an error - Your account is working as expected.
- If you don't receive the email - Check some info on failed delivery messages.
- If you get an error message - The instructions to fix the error should be included with the message.
Have the sender check their account
If you didn't find anything wrong with your account, then the issue is on the sender's side.
- Make sure they entered your full email address correctly.
- Suggest they contact their email provider for further assistance.
Not receiving password recovery emails?
If you’re trying to regain access to a social media account using your Yahoo account, but aren’t receiving the recovery email, you may be using a recycled Yahoo email address. Your old Yahoo account may have been closed due to inactivity, and later that same username became available again for you or any new user to claim as their own. To prevent identity theft, Yahoo may not allow recovery emails to be sent to recycled email addresses. Reach out to the third-party company for more help.