How an account can be hacked
Learn how to avoid risking your account security.
Ways that your account can be placed at risk
- Not using a strong password.
- Using the same password across multiple online services or applications.
- Choosing a password you’ve previously used.
- Not updating your password at least once per year.
- Responding to a fraudulent "phishing" email with your account information (password, security questions, etc.).
- Giving other people access to your account.
- Leaving your account signed in at a public location.
- Clicking strange, suspicious links.
- Malicious software installed on your computer.
Get the full rundown on account security and learn how to safeguard your Yahoo account.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.