Manage and understand playoff tiebreakers in Yahoo Fantasy
Tiebreakers for playoffs are determined by, 'Higher seed wins' or 'Best regular season record vs. opponent wins'. This setting can't be edited in Public or Pro Leagues, but can be changed by Private League commissioners up until playoffs start.
Team with the highest playoff seed automatically wins the tiebreaker. This is the default setting for all Public and Pro Leagues and can't be changed.
This tiebreaker setting differs depending on the league's scoring type.
- Head-to-Head - Tiebreaker goes to the team with the most stat category wins, not overall matchup wins and losses.
- Head-to-Head One win and points - Tiebreaker is awarded to the team with the best overall matchup winning percentage against opponent during the regular season.
'Best regular season record vs opponent' tied too? - 'Higher seed' will be used to break the tie..
- From Yahoo Fantasy, mouse over Fantasy | select a sport.
- Select a league.
- Click the Commissioner tab.
- Beside "Playoff tie-breaker", select your preferred tiebreaker from the drop-down menu.
- Click Submit.