Head-to-Head regular season tiebreakers in Yahoo Fantasy
Tiebreakers for the regular season standings are determined through wild cards and division championships. This is not a setting that can be customized and is the same across all Public and Private Leagues. This information can help in determining how you can win a spot in your Yahoo Fantasy League playoffs!
Winning percentage calculation based on your W-L-T record
This calculation is used to determine standings and is used for tiebreakers.
- Calculation used: (Wins + [Ties * 0.5]) / Total Games Played = Winning Percentage
- Example: If the W-L-T record is 22-15-3, the calculation is (22 + [3 * 0.5]) / 40 = 0.588
Regular season tiebreakers
In the playoffs? - See how Yahoo Fantasy Playoff tiebreakers work.
In Fantasy Football:
- Total fantasy points (season total).
- Fantasy points scored in the most recently completed matchup.
- Fantasy points scored in the matchup two weeks prior (this continues until the tie is broken).
In Fantasy Hockey:
- Number of wins.
- Win percentage.
- Points (points leagues only).
- Recent week win percentages.
In Fantasy Baseball and Basketball:
- Total points scored (only with Head-to-Head Points).
- Highest winning percentage from the last game week. If there's still a tie, the process continues for each previous week until the tie is broken.
- The division winning percentage is used first.
- If there's still a tie, the wild card method (above) is used.
- If there's more than 2 managers tied for division champion, once the winner is determined, the remaining teams will use the wild card method only (division winning percentage is ignored).
Note - Tiebreaker settings may not be customizable but a Private League commissioner may still customize the first round of the playoffs within the commissioner tools.