Access Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2013
Don't have access to the Web, but need your Yahoo Mail? Access your Yahoo Mail offline using a POP mail client like Microsoft Outlook 2013. It's convenient, and we have the steps to get you started.
Make sure you've set up POP access in Yahoo Mail before continuing. Learn how to enable POP access.
Setting up Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2013
- In Outlook 2013, click File | Add Account.
- Select Manual setup or additional server types.
- Click Next.
- Select POP.
- Click Next.
- On the "Account Settings" page, enter your account settings:
- Your Name - The name you want to show when you send email.
- Email address: - Your full Yahoo Mail address.
- Account Type - POP3
- Server information - Make sure your settings match the Yahoo Mail POP settings.
- User Name - Your Yahoo ID.
- Password - Your Yahoo Account password.
- Leave the "Require logon using Secure Password Authentication" option unchecked.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box.
- Click Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab, then enter the following:
- Incoming server (POP3) port - 995
- Select This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
- Outgoing server (SMTP) port - 465, 587, or 25
- Set the encryption type to SSL or TLS
- Set your desired server timeout and delivery options.
- We recommend leaving a copy of messages on the server.
- Click OK.
- Restart Outlook.
- Click Send/Receive All Folders.
You'll now be able to receive your Yahoo Mail emails in your Outlook 2013 account.
If you have problems sending or receiving Yahoo Mail with Outlook 2013, check out our suggestions for fixing Yahoo Mail problems with POP mail clients.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.