Overview of Basic Mail
Basic Mail lets you use a simple version of Yahoo Mail when you can’t use or don’t want the full-featured experience. You may be automatically switched based on your system preferences or you can choose to switch on your own.
Basic Mail is a simplified version of Yahoo Mail and won't include some of the more complex features, such as:
- Drag and drop attachments or GIFs
- Formatting toolbar
- Photo Slideshows
Your computer or browser settings could make it difficult to use Full-featured Yahoo Mail. If your system doesn't meet these requirements, you'll be automatically switched to Basic Mail for better performance.
- Using an unsupported browser - Yahoo works best with updated and secure browsers.
- Screen resolution - Yahoo is optimized for 1024X786 resolution.
- Bandwidth - Using dial-up or a slow internet connection may cause errors loading the page.
It's not currently possible to switch to Basic Mail from New Mail.
Switch to Basic Yahoo Mail from the classic version of Yahoo Mail:
- Mouse over the Settings menu icon | select Settings
- Click Viewing email.
- By "Mail version" select Basic.
- Click Save.
Switch to Full-featured Yahoo Mail:
- Click Switch to the newest Yahoo Mail in the upper-right corner.
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Restart the browser and return to Yahoo Mail.