Fix mobile sign-in issues
Here's what to check
- Did you recently change your password on your desktop, but haven't updated it on your phone?
- If so, check the settings on your device if your password is up-to-date.
- Some mobile devices automatically capitalize the first letter in your Yahoo ID, which may cause a sign-in problem.
- Make sure your Yahoo ID is capitalized correctly, when you enter it.
- Some mobile devices have compatibility problems with special characters in passwords. If your password contains any special characters, you can always sign in to a desktop computer and change your Yahoo password.
- Clear your phone browser's cache and cookies: See your phone's support documentation for instructions, as steps vary between mobile devices and mobile browsers.
- After clearing cache and cookies, try signing in again.
- Reboot your phone: Turn the phone off. Once the phone is completely powered down, remove and reinsert the battery (if applicable) and reboot the phone.
- Are you still unable to sign-in, or are you receiving a notice to "sign in from a desktop computer?" Try signing in using a desktop or laptop, to the Yahoo Mobile homepage.
- If you are able to sign in with the same password that you are using on your mobile device, your password is most likely OK, but you may need to contact Yahoo Customer Care using the contact options on the Yahoo help site.
- Mobile app troubleshooting steps are available for Android and iOS.
See the troubleshooting steps in this video