Fix browser and feature problems on Yahoo
Here are the steps to try
Before moving from one step to the next, test to see if the problem is fixed.
- Disable browser add-ons and plug-ins
Many browsers offer enhancements known as "add-ons" or "plug-ins." These may cause problems with Yahoo product features and functionality. Examples of add-ons and plugins: toolbars, news/stock tickers, instant messaging, weather/email alerts, antivirus/antispyware managers, and games.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies
Clearing your cache and cookies can help with many types of browser functionality issues, including sign-in problems, error messages, webpages hanging or freezing, content not updating, and browser applications (like games) not responding.
- Temporarily disable antivirus, antispyware, and firewall products
Security programs can block certain scripts that are essential to Yahoo product features.
- Disable Internet Explorer compatibility view
Compatibility view makes Internet Explorer work poorly with Yahoo features.
- Reinstall Adobe Flash Player
Interactive features depend on Flash Player, in order to work correctly.
What if the problem continues?
If these steps don't fix the problem, there may be an issue with your browser or computer.
- Test with another Internet browser Check to see if the problem occurs in more than one browser.
- Test from another computer
Check if the issue still occurs on a different computer.
If the issue occurs with more than one browser and/or computer, we recommend contacting Yahoo Customer Care, using the contact options on the Yahoo help site. When contacting Yahoo, please include:
- A thorough description of the problem you're experiencing.
- The text from any error messages you're seeing.
- The steps you've taken so far, to resolve the issue.