Why doesn't my link work in Site Solution?
If your link doesn't take you to the right place when you click on it, there may be a mistake in the link itself, or the page or email address to which you chose to link isn't working (or no longer exists).
To check your link:
- Launch Yahoo Site Solution.
- Select the text or click on the image whose link you want to check. (If you're checking a text link, be sure to select all of the linked words.)
- Click the Link button in your editing toolbar.
YSS Link Button
- The Link dialog will display the current destination of your link. Review the information.
YSS Link Dialog Box
If you created a link to another web site, make sure the web address of the link is correct (you might try typing the web address into the address bar of your browser to confirm that the page is working). If you linked to a page in your site, confirm that you haven't deleted or changed the name of that page, and that the page has been published (links to pages in your site will not work until you publish those pages). If you linked to an email address, make sure you didn't accidentally mistype the address. Linked to a document or other file? Make sure the file you uploaded still works (you may want to test the copy saved on your computer).
If you find an error, go ahead and correct it here, or choose a new link.
- Click the Add Link button to to save any changes.
YSS Add Link Button
Remember to publish your site by clicking the Publish button to make your changes available on the web.
YSS Publish Button