How do I create a new user account?
A user account is a user name and password combination that you create and can use to password protect your site or site folders.
To set up a user account:
- Go to the Manage tab of your Web Hosting Control Panel.
- Click the Password Manager link.
- Enter a name (username) for the account in the Name field. You can choose any name you like; we suggest selecting a name you'll be able to remember, such as "employee" or "mom."
- Decide on a password for the account and enter it in the Password field.
- Re-enter the password in the next field to confirm your spelling.
- Click Add User.
- The new user account will appear under Manage User Accounts.
After you set up a user account, you can give it access to view or publish to (using FTPS) an area of your site:
- Assign a user account access to a folder or subdomain of your site.
- Set up FTPS access for a user account.