How can I add or edit HTML code in my page?
To edit an HTML file, head to the Create & Update or Manage tab of your Web Hosting Control Panel and click "File Manager." Click the editor icon next to the file's name. The file will open in the HTML Editor, where you can make your changes.
Note that Site Solution and Yahoo Wizards do not support custom HTML. (To explore Site Solution's built-in suite of features, see Site Solution help.)
To work with your HTML in a third-party tool, please consult that tool's help files.
We recommend using the tools in your File Manager to place an add-on in your page. To insert the add-on code:
- First view your page and decide where you want the add-on to appear. For this example, we'll add a counter to the bottom of our page.
- Visit your File Manager and locate the name of the page (mypage.html, for example) to which you want to add the counter.
- Click the "Edit" icon next to the HTML file you'd like to edit.
- Take a look at the code displayed in the HTML Editor. You don't need to understand what it means — just look for some key words. Your page might look something like this:
I'm going to add a counter to the bottom of this example page.
Since this is the last paragraph, I'll add the counter below.
- You can add the code for your add-on anywhere you like between the bits of code, or tags, that look like this: and . These tags mark the beginning and end of the HTML that controls the information displayed on your page.
- Since we want to add our counter to the bottom of the page, we'll want to insert the counter code before