Installing and enabling customer registration for Editor 3.0 templates (standard and custom templates)
Merchants using standard Editor 3.0 templates
Enabling customer registration for your store is a two-part process. First, you must update your templates to support the customer registration feature, and publish your changes. Once your updated templates have been published, you may enable customer registration using Checkout & Registration Manager, and publish your Order Settings.
Part 1. Update your store templates
Merchants using standard Editor 3.0 templates (storetemplate. template) may re-run the Design Wizard to update their templates to support the customer registration feature, then publish Store Editor to publish their changes.
Note: If you have customized a template variable that is specific to a template theme (for example, a text link color), re-running the Design Wizard will reset this variable the default template setting. Customizations made to variables that are not specific to the template theme will not be reset. For more information, please see our help page about which settings this affects.
Re-running the Design Wizard or publishing Store Editor will not enable customer registration for your store. The customer registration feature must be manually enabled using Checkout & Registration Manager.
Once you've updated your templates, you may enable customer registration using Checkout & Registration Manager:
- In the Global Settings section of Checkout & Registration Manager, click the Customer Registration tab.
- In the Customer Registration Settings section, choose to enable customer registration (Figure 1).
Figure 1. Enable Customer Registration in the Global Settings section of Checkout & Registration Manager
- Configure your customer registration settings:
- Choose to make customer registration and account sign-in required to check out, or to offer a guest checkout option in addition to registration and sign-in links.
- Choose to add registration using a Facebook ID as an option, or to disable this option. Enabling this option requires you to create a Facebook application and enter its Application ID and Application Secret. Learn how. If you choose not to offer this, only the Facebook ID option will be excluded from your registration and sign-in pop-ups. Yahoo ID, Google ID, and AOL ID options will still be shown. Note: This option is not currently supported for stores built using Web Hosting tools.
- If offering a guest checkout option, you can also choose whether or not to offer account registration to your customers who aren't registered or signed-in once they've completed their order.
- Choose to offer your customers the ability to save their card and billing address information so they may select it when making a future purchase from your store, or to disable this option. If you enable this option, choose to display information about the feature as a dismissible information box, or inline on the order confirmation page. Learn more about Saved Cards.
- Using the Post-Registration URL field, you may specify a link to take the place of the “Keep Shopping” link, to be displayed to customers once their registration form has been submitted.
- Using the Cancel Registration URL, you may specify a link for customers to return to when they've canceled their account registration before completing the registration process.
Merchants using customized Editor 3.0 templates
If you are using custom templates that have been designed and are maintained by a developer, we recommend contacting your developer about installing customer registration for your store. Yahoo does not support RTML modification and template customization, and due to the many variations that can exist within customized templates, cannot provide specific instructions about how to install customer registration for your store.
For merchants using customized Editor 3.0 templates, who have made their own template customizations and are comfortable with either inserting code into Store Editor variables, or with modifying RTML, we provide the following manual setup options:
- Modifying your templates to insert the SUPER-LOADER and SUPER-BAR RTML operators (recommended only for developers and advanced users comfortable with RTML modification and customizing templates)
- Open Store Editor, and navigate to the Variables page. Here, you may insert the script into any field that accepts HTML and appears within the body of your page (between the opening and closing tags), with recommended placement being directly above the page's closing