Creating a CSV file using Microsoft Excel
Merchant Solutions catalogs may managed by downloading a table spreadsheet, making your desired changes, and uploading the updated spreadsheet using the Upload/Download tab. To learn how to upload and download spreadsheets for a Merchant Solutions account, please see our Upload/Download help page.
Microsoft Excel is the easiest way to create a CSV file to upload to your Yahoo Store.
To create a CSV file with Microsoft Excel
- Open Microsoft Excel.
- Type each of the field names into its own data cell in record 1. A record is the numbered horizontal rows in Excel which are made up of specific cells. For example, record 1 is made up of cells A1, B1, C1, D1, etc. There are currently 13 fields available in a database upload:
- Availability *
- Ypath **
- Type a record for each item begining with record 2.
- After the last field of the last record, set your cursor to the first field of the next record and save.
- Go to the "File" menu and select "Save As."
- Save as type:
For PC -- CSV (comma delimited)(*.csv)
For Macintosh -- CSV (Windows format)
- Click "Save."
Please note the following:
- To create a carriage return (linebreak) in Excel, you will need to press and hold the "Alt" key and press "Enter" (or "Return") on your keyboard.
- When saving as a CSV file, Excel should automatically add the commas to seperate each field and add any necessary quotations. For example, a field that requires requires quotes (such as a multi-worded option) will only require single quotes. Excel should add the necessary double quotation marks.