How do I set up my POP email client?
To check and send your email from a POP email account, you need to install a POP email client. Popular email clients include Eudora, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mac Mail, Windows Mail, and Microsoft Outlook. The required settings in your POP email client may vary depending on which POP email client you are using.
Common required settings for email clients
- POP User Name: person%domainname.com*
- POP Password: the password you selected
- POP Server: pop.domain.com
- SMTP Server: smtp.domainname.com
Eudora 3.x and lower only
- POP Login Name: email@example.com
* Note: The POP User Name and POP Login Name use a % and not the normal @. This is for logging in to the server only. Your email address (and the return address setting) should use the normal @ character, such as "firstname.lastname@example.org."
Authentication: The Yahoo SMTP server requires authentication to properly send emails.
Enabling Server Authentication on Outlook
- From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- Click the Mail tab.
- Double-click your Yahoo Domains email account.
- Click the Servers tab.
- Select the My Server Requires Authentication checkbox.
- Click OK.
Enabling Authentication on Eudora
- Select the Allow Authentication checkbox during the setup process.