How do I set an A record?
You can create A records from the Advanced DNS Settings area of the Domain Control Panel.
Please note: Any changes that you make to your advanced DNS settings can interrupt your service. If you are not an advanced user, we strongly recommend that you not change these settings.
To access the Domain Control Panel:
- Sign in to your Business Control Panel. (If you have not yet signed in with your Yahoo ID and password, you'll be prompted to do so here.)
- Once signed in, you will see modules for each of your domain names on the "Manage My Services" page. Select the "Domain Control Panel" link that corresponds to the domain whose record you wish to edit.
To create an A record:
- Click the "Manage Advanced DNS Settings" link.
- Click the "Add Record" button.
- In the "Source" field, enter a prefix to define the host name (the prefix for host.yourdomainname.com, for example, is host).
- Enter a destination IP address in the "Destination" field.
- Click the "Submit" button.
- Confirm your choice by clicking "Submit" again.
You'll return to the "Advanced DNS Settings" page, and your new A record will appear in the A and CNAME records list. While your changes will appear in the name servers within minutes, please be aware that it can take up to 72 hours for new records to propagate to all name servers on the Internet.
Note: Yahoo allows you to create multiple A records for the same host name. You might create multiple records for a strategy commonly referred to as "round robin." If you don't wish to create round robin A records, delete the extra records.