Can't send email using POP mail client
If you're unable to send email from a POP mail client with Business Mail, try these steps.
Check your POP mail client settings
Make sure your client is setup correctly by reviewing the list below.
Select your client from the list to view our recommended configuration:
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 (XP) and 2003
- Microsoft Outlook 98 and 2000
- Microsoft Outlook Express
- Microsoft Outlook Express for Macintosh
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Eudora 5.1 and higher
- Netscape Mail: all versions
- IncrediMail Build 618 and higher
- Entourage 2001 and higher
- Mac Mail
Using a different client? Consult your program's help files for info on configuring SMTP settings and use these settings as a reference.
Some ISPs (Internet Service Providers) require their subscribers to send email through their SMTP servers.
Is your ISP listed? Try replacing our SMTP info with theirs.
slide left to see more
|ISP||SMTP server settings|
|Earthlink / MindSpring||Visit their help page|
|AT&T||Visit their help page|
|Bell Sympatico||Visit their help page|
Important - If your ISP is not listed above, please contact your ISP to see if it requires a different SMTP sever setting instead of Yahoo's.
Our outgoing mail settings require SSL, which uses port 465.
Your ISP may be blocking port 465. Try using port 587 as an alternative.
Consult your POP client manufacturer for assistance changing your port settings.
Norton Antivirus Protection
If Norton is installed on your computer, you'll need to configure it to work with the POP client.
For help configuring Norton Antivirus, visit the Symantec website.
Additional possibilities to consider
- Make sure you've entered your Business Mail email address as the "From" address.
- Review our sending limits to check if you're hitting our cap.