How do I edit my external (POP) mail settings?
You can edit the following account information for your non-Yahoo mail accounts:
Account Name: You can change the account name at any time.
Sending Mail: You can change the "Sending name" and the "Reply-to address". You can't change the verified email address.
Receiving Mail: You can change any of the following options associated with receiving mail from the external account:
- The folder where Yahoo Business Email delivers incoming messages from this account. (Your Inbox is the default folder.)
- Your username.
- Your password.
- POP mail server name.
- The SSL settings, if your server requires them.
- Use filters: Specifies whether Yahoo Business Email uses any filters that you've defined when it retrieves non-Yahoo messages (this is the default) or ignores your filters.
- The POP port for the POP mail server, if the server uses a port other than 110.
- Retrieve new messages only: Specifies whether Yahoo Business Email retrieves only the new messages in your external mail account (this is the default) or all messages.
- Leave mail on POP server: Specifies whether the messages retrieved to your Yahoo Business Email account remain in your external mail account (this is the default) or are deleted from the external mail server.
- Sign in to your Yahoo Email account.
- Click the Tools (gear) icon link in the upper-right corner of the page.
Business Email Tools (Gear) Icon
- Select "Mail Options" from the pull-down menu.
Business Email Tools Pull-Down: Mail Options
- Select "Mail Accounts" in the left column.
Mail Options Menu: Mail Accounts
- Select the account that you'd like to update from the list of accounts.
Mail Accounts: Mail Accounts List
- Make changes to the current settings, then click the Save button.
Mail Accounts: Account Settings Save Button
Note: For security reasons, your password will not appear. If you need to change your password, simply type it in the space provided.