How do I create or edit an email signature?
A signature is a personalized text file, or "footer", attached to the end of an outgoing email message. Our Signature feature allows you to automatically add personal contact information, a quote or favorite saying, or anything you'd like to appear at the end of each of your outgoing email messages.To create or edit a signature:
- Sign in to your Yahoo Business Email account.
- From the main Yahoo Business Mail page, click the Tools (gear) icon link in the upper-right corner of the page.
Business Email Tools (Gear) Icon
- Select "Mail Options" from the pull-down menu.
Business Email Tools Pull-Down: Mail Options
- Click the "Signature" link located in the Mail Options in the left column.
Mail Options Menu: Signature
Your current signature will be displayed in the text area. You can type over the existing text to update or modify the signature.
Business Email Signature Field
If you do not already have a signature, select "Show a plain text signature" or "Show a rich text signature" from the pull-down list above the signature text box and then create your signature.
Business Email Signature Type Pull-Down List
- As long as "Show a plain text signature" or "Show a rich text signature" has been selected from the pull-down list, the signature will automatically be attached to all of your outgoing messages.
When you're done, click the Save button.
Business Email Signature Save Button
Note: If you want to stop using the signature, select "Don't use a signature" from the pull-down list above the signature text box and no signature will be attached to your outgoing messages.
Keep in mind that your signature will be attached only to messages that are sent from your Business Mail account using Yahoo Web Mail. If you are using an email client, like Outlook or Mac Mail, please consult their help for setting up an email signature.