In a Free Agents Acquisition Budgets (FAAB) waivers system, each manager receives a dollar amount to place blind bids on players that are on waivers. The manager with the highest bid at the end of the waiver period claims that player and that bid amount is deducted from the team's acquisition budget.
- The FAAB does not apply to free-agent pickups. All free agents can be picked up on a first-come, first-serve basis, without bids.
- Bids are hidden to other managers until a player clears waivers. The winning bid will display in the Transaction log.
- Players with multiple bids placed on them will display under "FAAB Bids" on a league's Transactions log. If only one owner bid on a player, that transaction will not display under "FAAB Bids."
- The FAAB system charges you the exact amount you bid if your bid is successful. It will never automatically adjust your bid to beat any other bids by $1.
- The default FAAB budget for teams is $100. The commissioner of a custom league may change this amount at any time throughout the season by using the Acquisition Budgets tool, found in the "Team Management" section of the Commish Tools page.
- You can submit $0 bids, and if no one else bids more, you will be able to claim that player.
- There isn't an option to force managers to make a minimum bid amount.
If multiple managers place an equal bid on a player, there are three tiebreaker options:
- Continual rolling list: Waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.
- Reverse order of standings (Football only): Waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list.
- Weekly rolling list based on standings (Football only): Waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.
The priority list only changes when it is used to break a tie between two owners who submit identical bids. If a team submits the highest bid and the tiebreaker is not needed to award the player, the priority list remains unchanged following that claim.