Stopping automatic mobile phone sign in with Messenger
You can turn off the feature that automatically signs you in to your mobile device when you sign out of Messenger. To do this, you'll need to access the version of Yahoo Messenger installed on your computer.
Note: If you don't have Messenger installed on your computer, go to the Yahoo Messenger download page to install Messenger 11 or newer.
How to stop automatic sign in to your mobile device when you sign out of Messenger:
- Open Yahoo Messenger on your computer.
- Click Messenger | Preferences.
- Click Mobile.
- Under "Yahoo Messenger Via SMS," uncheck Sign me in to SMS when I sign out of Messenger on my computer.
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
- Sign out of Messenger, and then sign back in again.