How to find the Yahoo Messenger log files
Following the steps in this article will help you to locate the log files.
Assuming that you installed Yahoo Messenger in the default location, to navigate to the folder containing your log files:
- Select My Computer.
- Select Local Disk (C:).
- Select the Program Files folder.
- Select the Yahoo folder.
- Select the Messenger folder.
- Select the Logs folder.
You should now see the requested log files, although they may appear without extensions (.log) if your computer is set to hide extensions. To show extensions to ensure you have the proper files:
- Click on Tools, then click Folder Options.
- Click the View tab.
- Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.
- Click Apply, then click OK.