How to remove contact names from the Conversation History window
This article explains how to delete contact names, from the "Recent contacts" list of the "Conversation History" window, in Yahoo Messenger 11.
To remove the contact names from the "Recent contacts" list in the "Conversation History" window:
- In the Yahoo Messenger contact list, click Messenger | Preferences. Your Yahoo Messenger Preferences will open in a new window.
- Click Conversation History from the list.
- Click the View Conversation History button. Your Conversation History will open in another window.
- Select the contact, that you want to remove from the "Recent contacts" list, the conversation history will load in the window.
- Click on the delete icon, on the top-right side of the "Conversation History" window.
- Click the Delete button to confirm.
- Close and re-launch the "Conversation History" window. The contact should no longer appear in the list.
Note: The contact will populate back in the list when another conversation is started.