How to remove contact names from the Conversation History window
To remove the contact names from the "Recent contacts" list in the "Conversation History" window:
- In the Yahoo Messenger contact list, click Messenger | Preferences. Your Yahoo Messenger Preferences will open in a new window.
- Click Conversation History from the list.
- Click the View Conversation History button. Your Conversation History will open in another window.
- Select the contact, that you want to remove from the "Recent contacts" list, the conversation history will load in the window.
- Click on the delete icon, on the top-right side of the "Conversation History" window.
- Click the Delete button to confirm.
- Close and re-launch the "Conversation History" window. The contact should no longer appear in the list.
Note: The contact will populate back in the list when another conversation is started.