Create a Yahoo Mail alias
An alias is an extension of your Yahoo account that masks your account's primary Yahoo ID in certain situations, keeping your Yahoo Mail address private.
If you want to send and receive emails from an alias, our help article about how to create an extra email address has you covered.
Just want to send messages in Yahoo Messenger without exposing your actual Yahoo Mail address? You can by creating an alias.
Creating an alias
- Access your Yahoo Account Information on a desktop or laptop.
- Under "Account Settings," click Manage your Yahoo aliases.
- Click Add an alias.
- Create your new alias.
- Click Save.
- Click Close to return to the Account Information page.
Created your alias? Learn how to send instant messages with an alias.
- You can create up to six aliases for each Yahoo Account.
- You may still need to sign in with your primary Yahoo ID when accessing some Yahoo products and services.
- To sign in with your alias, use your regular account password.
- Email addresses that previously existed, or were just created (including email addresses under @ymail.com and @rocketmail.com domains) cannot be used as an alias.
- Learn the difference between an alias and extra mail address.