Browser Configuration for Playing Games in Yahoo! Messenger: Enable Java for Internet Explorer
This document describes what to do when you can't load a game in Yahoo! Messenger.
If you can't load a game, make sure your browser is configured properly. Here's how:
- Click Tools from Internet Explorer's toolbar | select Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab. For the Internet zone, be sure that the Security level is set to "Medium" or below.
- If you've chosen to customize your security settings for the Internet zone, if there's a Java heading, make sure Java permissions are enabled.
- Under the "Scripting" heading, set Scripting of Java Applets to "Enable" or "Prompt."
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down until you see the subheading "Java VM" or "Microsoft VM."
- Check the boxes next to Java logging enabled and Java console enabled.
- If the only option is "Use JRE # for applet (requires restart)" or something similar, select it.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
You have the option to download Sun's Java plug-in. Sun is the creator of Java and their plug-in will allow you to play Yahoo! Games.