Use your mobile phone number to reset your password
Using your mobile number is a fast and safe way to get back into your account.
Here's how it works
- Go to the Yahoo Password Helper.
- Select I have a problem with my password.
- Enter your Yahoo ID and the CAPTCHA code.
- Select the Send a text message to recovery option and click Next.
-A text message [SMS] with a verification code will be sent to your mobile number.
- Enter that verification code in the The code sent to my mobile phone is box.
Important: If you close the "The code sent to my mobile phone is" page, you'll need to generate another code by going through steps 1-4 again.
- Click Next.
- Create a new password.
Didn't have a mobile number listed on your account? The Yahoo Password Helper will walk you through other options to recovery your password.