Set up Yahoo Mail in Android Mail
Adding your Yahoo Mail account to your Android device lets you view your emails on the go. We have the steps to help you get started.
Adding Yahoo Mail to an Android device's Mail client
- Tap the Menu button on your Android device's Home screen.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap the Mail app icon.
- Tap Other (POP3/IMAP).
- Enter your Yahoo ID and password.
If an error occurs (e.g., "Setup could not finish," etc.):
- Tap Manual Setup.
- Tap IMAP.
- Enter the following server setting information:
- Incoming server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Port #: 993
- Security type: SSL (accepts all certificates)
- Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port #: 465
- Keep all other settings the same.
- Complete the remaining setup process.