Access your Yahoo Mail account with another mail program
Important: Only messages from your Yahoo Mail's Inbox and Spam folders can be delivered to an external email client.
- Sign in to Yahoo Mail.
- Mouse over the Settings menu icon |select Settings.
- The "Settings" window opens.
- To the right of "Yahoo Account," click Edit.
- A window with additional account settings opens.
- To the right of "Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere," select POP.
- Select your POP option from the drop-down menu:
- Don't download spam email - Only delivers your Inbox messages, not your Spam folder.
- Download spam with no special indicators - Delivers Inbox and Spam messages with no visible "Spam" indicator.
- Download spam, but prefix the word "Spam" - Delivers Inbox and Spam messages. Spam messages contain "Spam" in the subject line.
- Click Save.
Click the link below for your email program's instructions:
- Entourage 2001 and higher
- IncrediMail 618 and higher
- Mac Mail for Apple OSX v.10.5 or 10.6
- Mac Mail for Apple OSX v.10.7
- Outlook 2000
- Outlook 2002 and 2003
- Outlook 2007
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2011 for Mac
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook Express
- Windows Live Mail
You may need to enter these incoming and outgoing server settings
- For detailed POP settings - see the POP settings for Yahoo Mail.
- Email address - Your Yahoo Mail email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Password - Your Yahoo account password.
- Account name/sign-in name - Your Yahoo ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com" at the end; for example, "jo.bloggs.")
Don't see your mail program? If it isn't listed above, check with your mail program's help file or website for instructions on setting up POP.