Fixing common problems in Yahoo Mail
If our first steps didn't fix your problem, don't worry. The steps below should get things working again. Sign in to Yahoo Mail after trying each set of steps to see if they helped.
- Temporarily disable antivirus, antispyware, and firewall products.
- Disable compatibility mode if you're using Internet Explorer.
Trouble disabling your security software? Check the software's support site or contact its manufacturer for further assistance.
The steps above should fix the following browser-related problems in Yahoo Mail:
- Missing or malfunctioning buttons pull-down menus, edge scroll bars, and text fields.
- Unable to insert, add, or edit contacts in the "To" field or Contacts list.
- Unable to send, forward, or reply to an email message.
- Unable to attach or download files.
- Mail is blank or freezes, performs slowly, or its folders and messages do not appear.
If you're still having problems, it might indicate an issue with your computer.
We suggest the following:
- Restart your computer.
- Try using your Yahoo Mail from another computer
- This eliminates your computer as a cause of the problem.