Identify legitimate Yahoo communications
Have an email claiming to be sent by Yahoo? Don't worry, we'll help you confirm if it's truly from us.
Official Yahoo emails
All legitimate communications from Yahoo include a purple Y icon beside the sending name.
If an email claims to be from Yahoo and doesn't include the indicator, report the email as spam.
Important: The purple Y icon won't be displayed in email clients, like Outlook and Mac Mail. Always sign into Yahoo Mail to verify.
Additional account safety information
- If you get an unsolicited request for your Yahoo ID, password, security key, or other sensitive information:
- Assume it's part of a scam to gain unauthorized access to your account.
- Never click on any links in the email.
- Learn how to protect yourself against phishing.
- You can double-check the sender's email address without opening the email. Just mouse over the sender's name in your Inbox, or other folder's message list. The email address that it was sent from will appear.