Error: Account temporarily blocked from sending messages
- Yahoo may prevent your email messages from being sent if suspicious activity is detected in your account.
- You'll still be able to receive messages and access your account as normal.
- If you believe the error is not related to your email sending behavior, it's possible somebody else may be using your account to send mail.
- In this case, we recommend that you immediately follow these steps to re-secure a compromised account.
Signing out of, and back in to, your Yahoo Mail account often corrects this error.
- Did you recently change your password? You'll need to wait until the next morning to resend the email that's causing the error.
- Were you recently sending a lot of email? It's best to wait an hour and then send a test message (described below). If the test message shows the error too, you'll need to wait until the next morning to resend the original emails.
Sending a test message
- In Yahoo Mail, send an email with just text (without hyperlinks and attachments) to one recipient.
- If the test message shows the error (and you weren't recently sending a lot of email), contact Yahoo using the contact options available on our help site.
- Avoid sending messages to a large number of recipients.
- Instead, send the message to a smaller number of recipients, or use Yahoo Groups if you frequently send mail to the same, large group.
- Avoid sending a large number of emails in a short time period.