Change when Trash and Spam folders are emptied
Change how often the Spam folder is emptied
- Sign in to Yahoo Mail.
- Move your mouse over the gear icon in the upper-right.
- Select Mail Options.
- Click General.
- Under "Spam Protection," choose an interval beside "Empty Spam folder":
- Once a week
- Every two weeks
- Once a month (default)
- Click Save.
Permanently delete all messages in Spam or Trash
- Move your cursor over the Spam or Trash folder.
- Click the trash can icon that appears.
- If the trash can icon does not appear: your Spam or Trash folder is already empty.
- Click OK.