Post messages to a group
There are two ways to post messages to a group: from the group's site on the Web and through email.
Posting via the web
For desktops/laptops, and mobile Web browsers.
- On your group's main page, click or tap Conversations.
- Click New Topic (on mobile, tap the Post topic icon ).
- Enter your message.
Switching between the plain and rich text editors (desktop only):
- Plain text: click the Plain text icon .
- Rich text: click the Rich text icon .
- You can add a link to an inline video from:
- Yahoo Screen
- Daily Motion
- Click or tap Send.
Important: To use this feature, you must be a member of the group and send the email from your group member account email address.
- Open a new email message.
- Enter email@example.com into the "To:" field.
Remember: Replace groupname in the address with the actual group name.
- Enter your message content into the email body.
- Send your email to submit your post.
- You may only post to groups you've joined, and only from an email address that's registered with Yahoo Groups.
- All messages must be smaller than 15 MB (including attachments).
- If you receive a failure notice, verify that you're using the correct email address and try again.