My account is sending spam
Stopping your account from sending spam
For starters, your account has most likely been compromised. Here's what to do:
Change your password immediately
The fastest way to stop spam is to secure your account by creating a new, strong password.
Review your alternate email address
- A spammer may have altered your account information, allowing them to access your account again even after you change your password.
- Visit your Account Information page .
- Click Choose how Yahoo contacts you under "Contact Information."
- Change the email address on file if you don't recognize it.
- For help, see adding an alternate email address to your account.
If these steps don't fix the problem, see what to do if your account continues to send spam.