Create a portfolio
Save time! Sync your brokerage accounts to your Yahoo Finance portfolios instead of entering your holdings info manually. Synced portfolios don’t need to (and can’t) be updated manually on Yahoo Finance.
Creating your first portfolio
- Sign in to Yahoo Finance.
- On the left, click My Portfolio.
- In the “Portfolio Name” box, enter a name for your portfolio.
- In the “Manage Symbols” box, enter securities symbols.
- Click Add Symbol.
- Under “Add market indices,” select any indexes you’d like to add.
- You can apply advanced portfolio settings:
- Under “Default View,” choose which view to display when you open your portfolio.
- Advanced Settings:
- Select the currency your portfolio will display holdings in.
- Consolidate multiple lots of the same symbol.
- Sort positions alphabetically.
Note: you can edit advanced settings at any time.
- Click Save.
Once you've created a basic portfolio, you can convert it into a transaction portfolio.