Delete an OpenID Yahoo account
While we're sad to see you go, we'll show you how to delete your OpenID Yahoo account.
Determine which type of OpenID account you have
- Non-upgraded OpenID accounts: This type of account is created using a Facebook, Google, or other OpenID service, but is not tied to Yahoo Mail or Yahoo Messenger services.
- Upgraded OpenID accounts: This type of account is created using a Facebook, Google, or other OpenID service, and has been upgraded to a full Yahoo account to access Yahoo Mail or Yahoo Messenger.
Deleting a non-upgraded OpenID account
- Follow the OpenID unbinding instructions to delete your account.
- Your non-upgraded OpenID account cannot be deleted through the regular online account deletion assistant: A non-upgraded OpenID account is not a full Yahoo account.
- If your OpenID account was not created using Facebook or Google, here's what you need to do:
Deleting an upgraded OpenID account
- Unbind your Google or Facebook account from your Yahoo account, using the OpenID unbinding instructions.
- Delete the account, by following the regular Yahoo account deletion instructions.
Do you want a regular Yahoo account? Sign up for a Yahoo ID.