Manage Location and Language settings
Your Location and Language preferences are managed from the same page. Here's how to get there:
- Sign in to your Account Info page.
- Under "Account Settings," click on either Set Language or View/Update your saved locations.
From this page, you can view and manage all of the locations that are used to personalize your Yahoo pages, like Weather, Local, or Movies.
Not signed in? Your location preferences will only be saved across devices when signed in. Any preferences saved while you're not signed in will not be saved to your Account Settings and will be lost if you clear your browser's cookies.
Current Location: We use your IP address provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider), or the location detected from your mobile device (if you gave it permission to use your location).
Detect: We realize that we don't get your location right every time, so you can help us by clicking Detect. We'll remember it until you move locations or click Detect again.
Timezone: Your timezone is automatically set based upon your current location.
Your Favorite locations give you easy access to locations of your interest on Yahoo.
- Enter your city or zip code in the search box.
- Select your location from the drop-down, and then click Add.
- Click Remove to clear a location from the list.
You can add a list of languages here, and change your primary one at any time.
- Enter your language, and then select it from the drop-down.
- Click Add.
- Click Remove to clear if from the list.
- Click Set as Primary to make it your primary language.