Why Yahoo may prompt you to change your password
Were you asked to change your password at sign in? To protect your account from unauthorized access, our security system prompted you to change your password. The prompt is a precaution to keep your account safe and secure.
Change your password
Just follow the prompts on the screen. You'll be asked to:
- Enter a CAPTCHA verification code (this is sometimes used as a security measure)
- Enter your current password
- Enter and confirm a new password (See how to create a secure, strong password)
Good to know:
- If your account is compromised, changing your password is an effective way to restore your account security.
- We recommend that you periodically change your password, just to be safe.
- Be sure to use a unique password each time and never share passwords across websites