Error: "Server Unavailable" when accessing Yahoo on iOS devices
Getting a "Server Unavailable" error when trying to access Yahoo on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch? The "Description" field in iOS mail may have become corrupted by an update to iOS.
The easiest way to fix this error is to remove, then re-add your Yahoo Mail account in iOS. When you do this, make sure that you use your full email address in the "Description" field when you reconfigure your account.
If the issue persists, remove Yahoo Mail, but re-add it using the alternate steps below.
- Tap Settings | Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account... | Other | Add Mail Account.
- Enter your name, full email address, password and a short description in the "Description" field, then tap Next.
- Select IMAP, then enter the Yahoo Mail IMAP settings.
- Tap Next.
- Set "Mail" to On, then tap Save.
- In "Settings" under "Accounts," tap the account name.
- Under "IMAP" tap the account name again.
- Scroll down and tap Advanced.
- Make sure the "Incoming Settings" match the port and security type in the Yahoo Mail IMAP settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Done twice.
Note: This workaround only syncs your Mail and Notes. Learn how to sync your Yahoo Calendar or Yahoo Contacts.