NA status in Fantasy Baseball
The "NA" under injury notes stands for "Not Active."
This designation is used for the following situations:
- Players who are holding out.
- Players who are serving MLB suspensions
- Players who are on the MLB Bereavement List
- Players who have been sent to the minor leagues or are not on an official 40-man roster.
- Example: Non-roster invitees to spring training.
- Players who are injured for an indefinite amount of time but have not been placed on the official MLB Disabled List.
- Please note: When players are placed on the DL by an MLB team, there may be a short period where a player displays NA status (as they have been removed from the MLB team's 25-man active roster) prior to being updated with DL status by our data provider.
The NA designation does not prevent teams from adding a player through waivers or free agency, or placing a player in an active roster position.
However, a player with NA status may not be available in a league that uses the setting "Wait until called up to Majors" for when new players become available.
Player designations are updated each evening as information becomes available, so the NA status won't update until the day following their MLB debut. However, if a player is in an active roster position the day they play, stats accumulated will count toward the team totals regardless of their designation.