Password still doesn't work on a mobile device
Password or authentication-related problems on mobile devices, which have no obvious root cause or resolution, may be related to a conflict in the account's security settings.
Important: Before doing the following steps, make sure you've tried our troubleshooting steps for mobile password issues.
Detecting and fixing potential security settings conflicts
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account from a desktop computer.
- Mouse over the Menu icon | select Account Info.
- For your account's security, you'll be asked to enter your password again.
- Click Sign In.
- Under "Sign-In and Security," click Manage apps and website connections.
- You'll see websites, applications, and mobile devices that you've authorized to access your Yahoo account.
- Click Remove next to any entries listed for Yahoo for your mobile device.
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account on your mobile device, which should fix the problem.