Back up emails to your computer
Looking to back up your Yahoo Mail email messages or attachments? We can help.
- Sign in to Yahoo Mail.
- Open the email message you want to save.
- Highlight and copy the email content you want.
- Open a word processing program (Wordpad, Microsoft Word, or Oracle Open Office Writer) and create a new file.
- Paste the content into the file you've created.
- Save the file.
- If you want to keep a physical hard copy of an email, see how to print an email message.
- Backing up email and attachments is even easier when you download email messages to your computer using an email program like Outlook.
- In Yahoo Mail, open the email message with the attachment(s) you want to save.
- Click Download attachment or Download all (if there are multiple attachments) | Save to my computer or Save to Dropbox.
- In Yahoo Mail, find the email message you want to save.
- Open the message.
- Click the forward icon
- The original email will reappear with a blank "To" field.
- Enter the email address of the account you want to Forward the message to.
- Click Send.