Search for your Yahoo ID
Tip: Before you do a search for your ID, take a look at some common sign in issues. If you still can't sign in, no problem -- you can search for it using the steps below.
Lookup your Yahoo ID using a desktop computer
- Go to the account recovery wizard.
- Select "I forgot my Yahoo ID," and then click Next.
- Confirm your identity by entering your alternate email address or mobile number.
The information you enter must match the information currently listed on your Yahoo account.
- Click Next.
- You'll see a confirmation that the results have been sent to your alternate email address or an SMS message to your mobile number.
Using a mobile device
- On the mobile sign in page, tap Forgot password or ID?.
- Tap Find your Yahoo ID.
- In the search field, enter the alternate email address or mobile phone number currently listed on the account.
- Tap Ok.
-You'll either receive an email message or an SMS message with a list of the search results.
Important: We can only search for your Yahoo ID with a current alternate email address or mobile number. If you don't have one listed on the account, or your alternate email address or mobile number is outdated, you won't be able to receive the search results.