Restore deleted or missing contacts
Missing some or all of your contacts? You can try restoring them within Yahoo Contacts or contact Yahoo to request a restoration attempt.
Restoring recently deleted contacts from your account
Generally, you can restore contacts deleted during the past 30 days.
- In Yahoo Mail, click the Contacts icon in the Left Navigation column.
- Click Deleted Contacts from the contacts column.
- Any deleted contacts appear in the column to the right.
- Select the checkbox next to each contact you want to restore.
- If the contact isn't listed, request a restore (below).
- Click Restore.
- To confirm, click Restore again.
- The contacts are returned to your Yahoo Contacts.
- Click Done to return to Yahoo Contacts.
Requesting Yahoo restore your contacts
Important: Before requesting a restore, back up your Yahoo Contacts to a .csv file.
- We can only restore contacts lost in the last 10 days.
- A successful recovery is not guaranteed.
- The restoration process removes contacts added after the requested restoration date.
- By completing the restoration request form, you're asking us to return your Yahoo Contacts to an earlier time that includes your missing contacts.
- Any contacts added after that time will no longer exist.
- Of course, you can add them again after we've completed the restore.
To request a restore: Submit a Yahoo Contacts Restore Form.