Problems attaching or downloading files in Yahoo Mail
Having difficulty attaching or downloading files in Yahoo Mail? It's okay, we can help.
Problems attaching files to a message
- The file name contains special characters ( #, $, /, etc.).
- Rename the file without special characters, save it, and try again.
- Try our browser troubleshooting steps if renaming the file doesn't help.
Problems downloading files you received
Encrypted files are not supported
- Yahoo Mail does not accept attachments that have been encrypted, or coded to prevent unauthorized access.
- Check with the sender to verify the file wasn't encrypted.
Can't find the downloaded file
- Check your browser settings to determine where downloaded files are saved, by default.
- Consult your browser's help pages for additional assistance, as these settings vary.
Need more info? See our help article about attachments in Yahoo Mail.