Clearing browser's cache and cookies for smartphones
Learn how to delete or remove the browser's cache and cookies on iOS device, Android, and Windows phone.
Clearing your browser's cache and cookies can resolve the following issues:
- Sign-in problems
- Error messages about setting cookies
- Page unable to load
- Browser hanging or freezing
- Seeing old page content
- Webpages not responding
To clear the Safari's cache and cookies for iOS device:
- Tap Settings on the home screen.
- Scroll down and select Safari.
- Tap Clear Cookies and Data.
To clear the browser's cache and cookies for Android:
- Open your Browser.
- Tap the Menu button | Settings.
- Tap Privacy & security.
- Tap Clear cache and Clear all cookie data.
Note: You may also want to tap Clear history to delete your browser navigation history and tap Clear form data to delete all saved form data.
- Tap OK to proceed.
To clear the browser's cache and cookies for Windows phone:
- Open your Internet Explorer.
- Tap the ellipsis (...) at the bottom-right.
- Scroll down and tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Delete history.
- Tap Delete to confirm.