Locate and save the complete Yahoo Messenger conversation history
Your "Profiles" folder contains your complete message history archive on your computer.
To locate the complete message history archive, follow the steps for your operating system:
- On your keyboard, press the key combination Windows Logo + R. This opens the "Run" command.
- Copy and paste the text below into the Run command and then click OK.
- Copy the Profiles folder to another computer in the appropriate location.
For Windows XP:
For Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 (32-bit):
For Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 (64-bit):
%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo\Messenger
- If you have previously used Yahoo Messenger version 11 or later, your conversation history is stored within your Yahoo Mail account, even if you are currently using an older version of Messenger. For detailed instructions, see our help article about retrieving your conversation history from Yahoo Mail.
- Enabling or disabling "Conversation history" for Yahoo Messenger.