Messages are missing from your Inbox or another folder
Make sure the emails haven't unexpectedly moved to a different folder
- Check your Trash folder, and any other folders you have set up.
- Accidents happen. Sometimes messages get moved unintentionally.
- Check your email filters - A filter may be directing certain emails to a different folder.
- Search for the message - See if a message is hidden in a folder.
Other reasons why your messages may be missing
- Your messages were deleted on your mobile device.
- Deleting messages from your mobile device also deletes them from your Yahoo Mail account on the web.
- Your messages were deleted by your external mail client.
- External mail clients, like Outlook, Mac Mail, or Thunderbird, may have deleted the messages from your mailbox and moved them to the Trash folder.
- Your Yahoo account may have been compromised.
Can't find your messages? We're often able to restore emails that have been deleted within the last 7 days. See our restore missing messages help article for more info.